- When did you all begin your training?
Jun Woo Hyeon: “I started at august.02.2019. (first flight)”
Dongjoe Kim: “I came at the end of September 2019. Due to the TSA problem, I started my flight training in November 15. The whole program (up to Multi) and the time building(around 300 hours) took me almost exactly 6 months.”
- How difficult was it to study?
Jun Woo Hyeon: “It’s not so difficult. I think it’s just matter of volume. Too many things to memory…”
Dongjoe Kim: “Because I can speak and understand English, it wasn’t that hard.”
- Which of your four check rides did you find most difficult / challenging?
Jun Woo Hyeon: “Multi engine, because this is the last exam. I got flight ticket, I should pass because of this… and when i did this, i really tired, sick, want to go back… so that make me more hard.”
Dongjoe Kim: “Multi-engine checkride was the hardest. It was challenging because I was not used to the airplane that I rent in Brooksville. Also, Multi requires you to do all the maneuvers that I learned through my course.”
- What is the one most important item you learned from your training experience?
Jun Woo Hyeon: “Be safe”
Dongjoe Kim: “SAFETY”
- During your downtime here in the United States, what was the most exciting thing you did socially?
Jun Woo Hyeon: “Meet new friend in academy and outside of academy learn about different culture.”
Dongjoe Kim: “The most exciting part was I could navigate around cities in Florida with an airplane. I could explore cities, meet new people in FBO, and experience the aviation life.”
- In a few words, what advice would you give for incoming SkyEagle Students that have enrolled in the Professional Program?
Jun Woo Hyeon: “Keep study hard. it will help a lot.”
Dongjoe Kim: “Fly everyday. Don’t rush but don’t get lazy.”