In the United States, the most popular and economical method of career development and time building for future airline pilots is to work as a certified flight instructor. Our Instructor Academy will prepare our students to receive a wide range of FAA instructor certificates for both airplanes and helicopters:
- Ground Instructor — this is the certificate, which allows to teach only theoretical classes, without the right to perform flights;
- CFI — flight instructor basic certificate, which allows to carry out ground classes, as well as perform training flights. This type of certificate requires at least 20 hours of ground school and 10 hours of flight training from the right seat, including the spin endorsement.
- CFII — flight instructor with Instrument Rating. This certificate allows its owner to prepare students in full in accordance with the “Private Aircraft Pilot”, “Instrument Rating”, and “Commercial Aircraft Pilot” programs;
- MEI — flight instructor with permission to train students for multi-engine ratings in accordance with our “Multi-Engine Rating Program”.
- CFI Helicopter— we also train instructors for helicopter training.
Minimum requirements for instructor rating candidates: FAA commercial license at least 3rd class medical.
All instructors in our academy obtained both the CFI and CFII ratings. Our chef pilot and senior instructors are certified with MEI ratings. We train at least two instructors each month to prepare them for the task at becoming a flight instructor with SkyEagle Aviation.