Start your training today!
If you are the proud owner of a pilot certificate issued in Russia or any other countries, members of ICAO, you validate your certificate into a private pilot license in the United States (any foreign license, even ATP can be validated only to FAA PPL).
You need to remember that any foreign certificate (even if it’s CPL or ATPL) can be validated only into a Private Pilot License in the USA. There’s another special procedure for ATP licenses, which involves an examination and a separate CTP training course, so it can’t be considered as a full validation procedure.
The whole validation process for your national license looks like this:
2. You need to attach scans of all the pages of your national license and a valid medical certificate from your country.
3. You will get a confirmation letter from the FAA in 45-90 days, which will tell you that your documents were confirmed by your issuing country and you can get a Private Pilot License in the USA.
But that is not the last step! This letter doesn’t guarantee you the Private Pilot License in the USA. There are a few more steps:
1. You need arrange an examination date once you arrive in the USA. Starting from November 2014 the validation function was transferred from the FSDO to various examiners. There are too few of them so they are always busy!
2. During your meeting with an examiner he will check your letter, all the documents and your English language proficiency.
3. After obtaining your temporary license on A4 paper, you have to pass the so-called Flight Review in accordance with section §61.56 CFR 14 of Federal Aviation Regulations.
This review includes at least one hour of ground preparation with any FAA-certified instructor, and at least one flight hour. During the Flight Review your instructor has to confirm your knowledge of USA Federal Aviation Regulations, radio communication, awareness and classification of US airspace, and any other knowledge necessary deemed necessary for a private pilot in the United States.
After successful completion of the Flight Review you obtain a special note in your logbook. You are then free to perform the duties of the commander of the aircraft class and type, which are listed in your national certificate.
Phone: +1 954 772-1212
Cell: +1 786 502-6669
Address: 1707 S Perimeter rd,
hgr 33A, Fort Lauderdale